CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tutorials

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It's a Boy!




Ooohhh! I just love how this sweet little baby card turned out!   I CASEd this card from this card, originally created by Heather Klump.    The little lion is from the Fox and Friends set.  I don't own this set, and it's going to be retiring soon :(, so I purchased it in MDS!  Wow!  It was great to be able to size the stamp to just the size I needed.  I printed out the lion three times (twice in So Saffron, and one in Pumpkin Pie).  Then I cut out the different layers, and popped them out with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I used a Chocolate Chip marker to draw his little face.  The elephant is from the Nursery Necessities set.  I printed him twice in Pool Party, popped out his ear, and added a google eye.  The giraffe is also from Fox and Friends.  I printed her out in So Saffron.  Then I used a Chocolate Chip marker to draw on her eyelashes.  I added some Certainly Celery leaves for her munch on from the Just Believe stamp set.



Products used for this project:

Stamp Sets:  Nursery Necessities, Fox and Friends, Just Believe

Card Stock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery, and Certainly Celery DSP

Ink: Early Espresso, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party, Certainly Celery, and Chocolate Chip marker
Accessories and More:  MDS, 1-1/4" Square Punch, 1-3/8" Square Punch, Certainly Celery twill ribbon (retired), White Gel Pen, and Dimensionals.  



8 comments:

Anonymous

love the card!! and the eyelashes
Lisa W

Donna

This is just adorable!!! Thank you for sharing. So cute, I may have to go home and play tonight! Not that it takes much coaxing to want to do that!

Lina Delgado

Gorgeous card, I love all your projects!!

Heather M

Perfect timing! 2 special folks just had little boys, so I saw this and immediately went and CASEd :) (did a few things differently bc of supplies on hand, but the biggest of which was to use the Bird Builder punch to get the leaves for Raffy, to give his square a little dimension, too :))

Leigha Rock

Now THAT is an awesome idea Heather! I'm off to add leaves to my Raffi too :) Thanks for sharing.

Sarah

Sooooo cute!

Allison

Adorable take on the original. I've seen it, but don't recall who made it!

Heather Klump

Hi Leigha - I found this card on pintrest, and I will have to say that it turned out really cute! I am the original designer of this card! It is in my SCS gallery (tankgrl) from 2009. I am glad to come forward, and am super thrilled that you finally got the chance to get around to making it!