CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tutorials

Thursday, May 31, 2012

You're the Apple of my Eye




I'm back to show you a few more DIY teacher gifts that I've been creating to thank the people who make such a difference in my kids lives all year.  My son Finn has 3 wonderful preschool teachers.  We will be giving them the pencil vase filled with flowers that I showed you here.  Plus, we made each one of them a crocheted apple cozy to keep their apples from getting bruised. (Don't you hate it when that happens!?)  I CASEd their cards from this ADORABLE card made by Natasha. 




Products used for this project:

Stamp Sets: Thank You Kindly, School Lines

Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red,  Chocolate Chip, Lucky Limeade

Ink:  Whisper White (craft), Basic Black Marker

Accessories and More: 1/2" Circle Punch, Cupcake Builder Punch, 3/16" Corner Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, White Crayon, MDS.




I created the inside of the card with the School Lines stamp in Tempting Turquoise in MDS.  I added the sentiment right onto the lines in MDS and then printed them off in Whisper White card stock.  Then Finn signed his name with a Basic Black marker.  We used the Cupcake Builder punch to add the apple to his "i" :). 



 Stay tuned for more teacher, daycare, and coach thank you gifts coming up! 



2 comments:

Anonymous

Where did you get the crochet pattern for that cute apple?

Leigha Rock

Hi Sharon! I purchased the pattern here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/93204431/pdf-crochet-pattern-apple-cozy-diy. --Leigha :)