For Club this month i showed Masking and the Brick Wall technique. I heard gasps at the beginning of class but at the end of it the ladies were very happy with the out come and really surprised by how quick and easy it was to create a "brick wall"!
Here's how to create a Brick Wall:
1. On a 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" Very Vanilla piece of card stock stamp the greeting. Stamp the bird from Nature Walk just above the greeting.
2. On a scrap piece of card stock stamp the bird and cut it out with paper snips. Place the cut out bird over top of the stamped bird image on the Very Vanilla card stock. This technique is called masking. With markers ink up the flower image stamp and stamp over top of the cut out bird.
3. Remove the cut out bird. The flower image is now behind the bird.
4. With a paper cutter, cut the Very Vanilla card stock horizontally into 1/2" strips.
5. Now cut each strip vertically to create bricks. For the first row, the first brick will be 1/2" and the other 3 bricks will be 1". The second row, the first three bricks will be 1" and the last brick will end up being 1/2". The third row the bricks will start out at 1/2" again and the rest in the row will be 1".. keep repeating this pattern until all 7 rows of strips have been cut out. Make sure as the pieces are cut you line them back up so they stay in order.
6. Once all the bricks have been cut, sponge each one with Sahara Sand ink. As each brick is being sponged with ink adhere it to a piece of 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" Crumb Cake card stock with a glue stick. Piecing your "puzzle" together. I left a few of the 1/2" bricks out which shows a bit of the crumb cake card stock.
7. Finish the card by backing the brick wall onto a Riding Hood Red piece of card stock and add Ribbon. With stampin dimensionals adhere to DSP and then to card base.
Products used for this project:
Stamp Sets: Nature Walk (W121925,C121997), Delightful Dozen (W122650,C122652)
Card Stock: Very Vanilla (101650), Riding Hood Red (111348), Early Espresso (119686), Crumb Cake (120953), First Edition Specialty DSP (121878)
Ink: Early Espresso (119670), Sahara Sand Marker (105208), Cherry Cobbler Stampin Write Marker (119681), Always Artichoke Stampin Write Marker (105113), Early Espresso Stampin Write Marker (119680)
Accessories and More: Riding Hood Reg Pleated satin ribbon (125569), Paper Cutter (104152), Stampin Sponges (101610), Stampin Dimensionals (104430), (103683), Snail adhesive (104332)
My very popular Cupcake Punch Tutorial is Now Available! Check out the top Right Hand side bar to purchase and receive your 45 page step by step tutorial.--Are you looking for new fresh ideas? Looking to be inspired? Look no further, I have put together a 7 part tutorial which includes 6 amazing cards and one stinkin' cute scrapbook page layout! The tutorial is in seven parts. Each tutorial gives step-by-step instructions with tons of photos to help you recreate each card. The complete tutorial is 45 pages long and includes over 100 photos. Four of the 6 cards have hidden greetings and i have incorporate the cupcake punch into all 6 cards! You'll be amazed at what you can do with the cupcake punch! I'm so excited to share this tutorial with you! : )
Click here to read more...