CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tutorials

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beveled Windowpanes - Part 1


My Club girls created this card at Stamp Club this month. I CASED the design from Sarah Wills. Click here to view Sarah's step by step tutorial on how to prepare and cut the quilted top note piece.

Beveled Windowpanes are featured in SU's
Current Occasions Mini Catty (Pg. 28). These little gems highlight images beautifully and give them a glassy look. They come in a pack of 12 (3 different sizes) – they have ribbon slides on two sides so that you can anchor them to your project.

Products used for this project:
Stamp Set: Fabulous Phrases, Nature Walk (Occasions Mini pg 27)
Card Stock: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Springtime Vintage DSP (Occasions Mini pg 15)
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: SU Anywhere Glue Stick, 1 1/4" Square Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Neutrals Brads, Beveled Windowpane, 3/8" Twill Tape, Line Thread, Top Note Die.



___________________________________________________________

I created this card with my Stampin Buddy Louise. This was our first attempt to create on our own. (we can't help but CASE!!-such great talent out there!!) We decided to challenge ourselves to come up with our own designs. How we are easing ourselves into self creating is we'll take turns each week, alternating weeks one of us will come up with a design of our own and then bring the card and all the supplies to create the card to our weekly meet up. Louise shared this card with me a couple weeks ago. I don't think she could get the card out of her bag quick enough. I was so anxious to see what card i was about to make!! I was sitting on the edge of my chair....and was super thrilled to see what she came up with!! I absolutely love her design and how she Incorporated the colour Blushing Bride with the earthy colours. I love how Louise backed the beveled windowpane onto the scallop square and how she anchored it down with the fabulous Crochet Trim Lace, just brilliant!! love..love it..! Next week I'll show you the design i came up in the attempt to create on my own.. ; ) (wink wink)

Products used for this project:
Stamp Set: Sanded Background, Tiny Tags, You're a Gem (Occasions Mini Pg. 25)
Card Stock: Early Espresso, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Espresso and Blushing Bride
Marker: Early Espresso
Accessories: Scallop Square Punch, Victoria Crochet Trim, Metallic Brads, Linen Thread, Sponge

You can also view the Occasions Mini online by clicking HERE – you can find the Beveled Windowpanes are on pg 28…they come in a pack of 12, 4 of each size – 1″ x 1″, 1″ x 1 1/4″ and 1 1/2″ x 2″…



I'll be sharing a couple other Beveled Windowpane Cards in my next post.

1 comments:

Louise Meissner

Thanks so much for the wonderful compliments. "Love them" Can't wait to see your creation posted, I think everyone will love it and want to CASE it ..........got my creative hat on for tonight! : )